Introduction to Carlos Castaneda and art


Good Evening; My name is Carlos Castaneda, no relation to the famous author but I have enjoyed one or two of his novels. I'm originally from Peru and my parents came to the states when I was approximately 6 years old. I lived in Queens, New York till I was 20 years old when I decided to join the United States Air Force. I have been a dental assistant throughout my military career and have been given the opportunity to travel and see parts of the world. I have been married for 18 years and have 3 daughters 16, 12, and 6. During my military career my family and I had the opportunity to live in Italy for 4 years. Talk about art work in abundance. So many places to visit and see local and famous pieces of art, as I approach my military retirement I am pursuing my degree in secondary education and hope to teach foreign language Spanish to middle and high school students. 


Incomplete La Sagrada Familia Finally Receives Construction Permit 137  Years Later | Architectural Digest


My relationship to art is very minimal when it relates to looking at paintings or sculptures. This form of art I would say is my least favorite but put me in an old city that has beautiful architecture and I could see that stuff all day. Above I posted a picture of the oldest church in Spain and it is not finished. La sagrada familia in Barcelona has been under construction for over 130 years but its peaks and curves make it breathtaking. I honestly do not have an artistic bone in my body, stick figures are a challenge for me. We do own some art but I consider it less traditional. ( paintings vs ceramic ornaments) I do enjoy visiting art museums and honestly wish we had when we lived in Europe. Unfortunately art museums aren't always the best for young children so we did not get a chance to visit many. Below I have attached 2 links of art work that is close to my heart. Art from Peru takes me back instantly and I enjoy seeing the beautiful work and success that this Old country has to offer the world. Here's to a great semester and enjoy.




Comments

  1. Peruvian art is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start to your blogging. I would love to go to a museum in Peru! The pendant in the Peruvian Art article really spoke to me. I would wear that in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ma'am. So much beautiful art and jewelry, much of it was taken by Spain many many years ago.

      Delete
  3. Omg that museum looks so beautiful! Peruvian art looks absolutely gorgeous and stunning so thank you for showing :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. If there was of type of art you could draw what would it be?. I love the art of Peru it is so beautiful and would love to visit more art museums or even art galleries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janae, I actually have a couple pieces of Peruvian art tattooed on me. One is a TUMI which was a gold plated tool used for chopping and cutting. The other is an INCA. I would try to draw the TUMI, has a lot of significance to Peruvian culture and history.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Classical Blog

Preferences and Perspectives - The Romantic Era